|Knight Rider Character|
|Actor|| Carmen Argenziano (4000 A.I.)|
William Daniels (2000 A.I.)
|Real Name||Knight Industries Four Thousand Micro Processor|
|Alias(es)|| The Knight 4000|
|Affiliations|| Knight Industries|
Foundation for Law and Government
Seattle Freelance Police Department
|Related Characters|| Russell Maddock|
|Partners|| Shawn McCormick|
The Knight 4000 was the new FLAG vehicle in Knight Rider 2000. This resembles a Pontiac Banshee and the Dodge Stealth for the Knight Industries 4000. This was KITT's replacement, but Michael Knight replaced the AI with the old one, allowing the original KITT to be reborn as the Knight 4000. The Knight 4000 designer was Russell Maddock.
HistoryKITT's original microprocessor unit was transferred into the body of the vehicle intended to be his successor, the "Knight 4000". The vehicle had numerous 21st Century technological improvements over the previous 1980s version of KITT.
- Virtual Reality Heads-up Display
- Rather than dash-mounted CRT displays, the Knight 4000 uses a virtual reality heads-up display (VR-HUD) that makes use of the entire windshield as video monitor.
- Thermal Expander
- The Knight 4000 was equipped with an offensive weapon which consisted of a microwave projector that caused the temperatures of targeted objects to quickly rise and either ignite or explode.
- Remote Target Assist
- This allows the pilot aim and fire with a complete and perfect accuracy.
- Amphibious Mode
- The Knight 4000 can float and maneuver on water much like a boat. The system was actually a major improvement over KITT's original hydroplane ability which during the original series was prone to malfunctions during its experimental phase.
- Microwave Stunner
- Similar to the “non-lethal” sidearms used by the police, the Knight 4000 was equipped with a microwave stunner that could incapacitate criminals.
- Voice Activated Controls
- The Knight 4000's dashboard is less "cluttered looking" than KITT's original dash with most of the controls now being completely voice activated rather than having to push a button.
- Fax Machine
- The Knight 4000 could print out faxed messages from a dash mounted printer.
- Infrared Scanner
- The Infrared Scanner was a device with which the Knight 4000 could scan on an Infrared level, which would identify laser scope rifles as well as hidden objects giving off heat.
- Aroma Monitor
- This system is similar to the Knight 2000's Olfactory Scan, but is much more complex.
- Voice Sampler
- Similar to the Knight 2000's Anharmonic Synthesizer, this device could simulate any voice which has been recorded into the Knight 4000's memory.
- Thermal Sensor
- This system allows to the Knight 4000 watch and record what is happening in a particular place. For example, inside a vehicle.